Saturday, October 03, 2026

Grevillea

It’s done. Blocked. Ends sewn in.

Pattern: Grevillea (purchased on Ravelry)

Yarn: 1 skein of Emma’s Practically Perfect Sock in Mom Jeans with one Emma’s Theme Pack in Capricorn

See all the colours from Emma’s




Blocking makes all the difference.

A lot of knitters are afraid of blocking. I soaked my shawl in Soak for 15 minutes. I drained the water and took my shawl outside. I laid it over a chair and let some of the water drip out. Then the shawl was laid out on my kitchen counter on towels. I did not pin it out. The weight of the wet wool was enough for it to block flat. 

If you want a smaller shawl you can work less repeats at the beginning. 

It was a beautiful day out and Lynn was happy to go outside for pictures. Now it’s time to get back to Antipodes. I’m very close to the point where I will be able to knit around. No more purl rows. YAY!!!!