September 2026 is a gorgeous, soft fall neutral with speckles of late-summer berries
Lynn came in to help me today and got a lot of boxes unpacked. While she was doing that I placed orders
- Biches & Buches restock
- An order with Blue Sky Fibers
- Woolstock restock
- A new yarn has been ordered that will debut on September 15th. It is fingering weight (made in Peru) and I can’t wait to share it with you.
- A restock of Kathmandu fingering and a new colour of Kathmandu DK
- Lykke Flight needles that were out of stock
Today’s post is going to be short. I can barely keep my eyes open.
Everyone is okay. Our house is okay. At 5:20 yesterday morning the fire alarms went off. Not the little beep to tell you the batteries are dead. Full on fire alarm. It was screaming ‘Fire. Fire’ while lights were flashing. Beth got the dogs out back while I got dad out front. There wasn’t any smoke and we couldn’t smell anything. I called 911 and they were there within 10 minutes. Here is the firehouse from our driveway.
It took some time because they are all volunteer firefighters. They went through the house and one of our smoke detectors was defective.
There were no lights on in our house. That is from the fire alarms. It was scary when they first went off but now we’ve had a practice run in case there ever is something bad. No of us slept much after that.
I worked until 4 and then went for a nap. I was sound asleep when I heard ‘Beep, Beep’. The damn batteries were dead on the smoke detectors outside my bedroom. Seriously!!!🤬. Beth changed the batteries but there was no more nap.
Tonight is our Fantasy Football draft so I’m writing early. Then hopefully not too late to bed.


