Outdoor Sale

Monday, August 31, 2026

Home Again

I had a great trip and now I’m back at work. A lot of boxes have been packed this morning and I’m taking a short tea/cookie break.

Fred was happy to see me. I had a hard time getting into bed last night. There wasn’t much room for me and I didn’t have blankets. He was very happy though.

Marion Bulin has a new shawl pattern that you can purchase on Ravelry.

The FADING SUNSET SQUARE is a big square „cut open“ on one of the diagonal lines. Of course you do not cut it but knit it in rows – that´s why it is a „knit stitches only“-pattern, just very few purl stitches, very suitable for beginners. There are increases at all edges – that´s why it grows fast – and you can bind-off any time you think it´s big enough for you. Because of this shape it sits perfectly on your shoulders - and you can throw one edge over your shoulder to the other side. 

For the original sample I used a beautiful Fade of Casta Lace by The Wee Yarn Company - two threads of this laceweight yarn held togetherthroughout - and used up all 3.250 m/3,555 yards. 

When using a fingering weight held single you will need about 1.600 m/1,750 yards in different colours. 

Size is adjustable - you can stop and work an iCord-bind-off any time. Size of original sample see above.


I placed a special order this morning. On October 15 we will have the new Dream State from Spincycle. It will be available online at 12am on the 15th. 

Now back to my boxes. Mr. UPS is not going to be happy when he gets here 🤣