Monday, May 10, 2021

Rook Socks

Tanis Lavallee has a new sock pattern called Rook Socks. You can purchase the pattern on her website.

So much yummy, squishy texture packed into a simple sock! This beautiful basketweave pattern is easily memorized and makes for a fun and relaxing knit. This pattern is graphic enough to stand out against your most speckled sock yarns. Grab your favourite skein and cast on!

Photos © Tanis Lavallee


We are still waiting for our copies of Laine 11 to arrive. There was a problem with the shipment going from the US to my supplier. As soon as it’s coming I will add it to the website. Since writing I learned that the books have reached my Canadian supplier. We could see them by the end of the week (along with copies of 52 Weeks of Shawls).




I started looking back at my pictures from May 10. There were many from Las Vegas and Myrtle Beach. This was a popular week to go away. I think it was - the Frolic is done and I need a break.
This is Free Your Fade from May 2018. The pattern can be purchased on Andrea Mowry’s website. This pattern is great for all knitters. Choose 3 colours of yarn. I knit my shawl in fingering weight (the yarn is now discontinued) but you can use anything. Make sure you adjust your needles and you’re ready to go.

This shawl was created to be your favorite shawl pattern! Really relaxing garter stitch with engaging eyelet rows and endless color possibilities. It would be gorgeous knit up in one color, but you can just as easily use 20! I’ve extended the color melt sections for an even more cohesive fade, with easy instructions to add as many fade sections as you would like! The shawl is light weight and perfect year round when knit up in fingering weight yarn, but don’t let that stop you from knitting it up in any yarn weight you prefer to the size of your choosing!


 Knox Mountain Original Ring Shawl Cuffs from May 2020.


Lucy from May 2019.

Boscoe from May 2020.

No comments: