Friday, May 07, 2021

Printing in Colour

We finally have all the colours back in stock for Kaffe Fassett’s Earth Stripe Wrap. Kits are made.

A multitude of distinct tones are blended, combined, striped, and fully united in the extraordinary Earth Stripe Wrap. Designed by internationally renowned textile artist Kaffe Fassett, it was first released by Rowan in 2007. A decade later, we’re still in awe of the masterful use of color—all hues aligning to create one outstanding vision. 
Two different colors of Kidsilk Haze are held together in multiple combinations throughout, creating a lofty DK-weight fabric. And the super kid mohair/silk combination has that warm glow we’ve always loved. A truly timeless piece. 

You can choose your own colours for the shawl from the many colours of Kidsilk Haze.



Our ever-popular Kidsilk Haze combines the soft halo of super kid mohair with the vibrant shine of silk in one incredible yarn that is loved by knitters the world over. Kidsilk Haze can be used with a variety of needle sizes to create different effects and styles, and is a firm favourite with lace fans. Used alongside other yarns it takes on an almost magical quality, and is available in a kaleidoscopic array of stunning colours.
This is the picture from Rowan Magazine 42 when the pattern was first published.
There hasn’t been much knitting this week but hopefully this weekend.

If you’ve ordered from us you might have noticed that your packing slip is printed in black - no colour. My store printer was acting up. I have a new printer and it works great.
I’m not sure if I’m more excited about printing in colour or the fact that I learned a new trick for our website. In the past we printed the packing slips one at a time. Now I can print them all at once. Small things make me happy.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love that yarn. Have several skeins I'm trying to find a project for. I don't know if I'd do those fringes though. I can see them turning into a right mess.