Sunday, March 14, 2021

Lazy Sunday

Mary emailed me yesterday with a picture of her latest finished project. The sweater fits Mary perfectly.

Do you remember the Tahki Donegal Tweed yarn that I was gifted at Camp 2019?  Well, here it is (with 4 metres left over), washed and blocked and ready to be worn this spring.  Perhaps the yarn was a bit too heavy for The Weekender pattern and I had to use 4.0 mm needles rather than the 5.5 mm that the pattern asked for in order to get gauge so the fabric is dense but will be perfect for spring days when you don’t need or want to wear a coat.

I wore my sweater all day yesterday.  It is very cozy and comfortable and the fabric does not feel as dense or stiff as I thought it would. 

You can purchase the pattern for The Weekender on Andrea Mowry’s website.

From Andrea

This drop shoulder sweater is my most favorite addition to my handmade wardrobe! When Brooklyn Tweed came out with their line of marls for Shelter, I knew I needed a marled sweater. I combined my favorite attributes - texture, faux seams, drop shoulder, and some positive ease to create this versatile, flattering sweater! No matter your body type, it is perfect for wearing to the office or out on your weekend hike in the woods. I’ve already knit a second version, leaving off the sleeves so I can wear it in warmer weather or layered over a long sleeve tee!

I took a look at pictures from March 14 over the past few years. I came across Sarah’s Love Note.

Sarah used Le Petit Lambswool Red Brown and Le Petit Silk & Mohair Medium Grey.

You can purchase the pattern from Tin Can Knits.
And a bit further back


Pattern: Rumple Scarf (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 4 skeins of Mrs. Crosby Hat Box
Sample: 2 skeins Wild Huckleberry and 2 skeins Squid Ink

We added more stitches to our scarf - 60 to be exact. I knew that we had extra yarn so why not make the shawl longer?

A scarf/wrap hybrid that can be draped around your neck or used to cover your shoulders. Designed to use 2 skeins of luxury sport-weight yarn, but very easily modified to use up any scraps you have laying about :)

This scarf can also be knit in Tosh Pashmina. 

This is from 2019 - my Nightshift knit in Dream State. 




It was a lazy day at my house today. I knit. Beth knit. Boscoe slept.

No comments: