Saturday, February 06, 2021

Flowers

We have a beautiful new shawl for the store. 

Diana stopped by today with Pressed Flowers (pattern purchased on Ravelry). 

We used Malabrigo Rios - 3 skeins each of Gris and Magenta.

The grey is a bit darker than my photos but it was way too cold to go outside.

It was so much fun to knit! There was a lot going on at first but after the first set of flowers, the rest was easy! The colours you chose were perfect. The finished size is cozy large. 

Diana is knitting something else for me but has some ideas for knitting Pressed Flowers for herself. She is thinking shading the background in blues/purples and then some shades of gold for the flowers. I’m going to make her some combinations next week. 

A few customers have asked if I am going to put together kits for Ambah O’Brien’s Caladenia Shawl MKAL. I started today and will finish on Monday. They should be online Monday afternoon.
We will have a new sock yarn next week.
With its fun bold stripes and subtle speckle effects, Evolution sock is a great way to make a statement for your feet! Available in 9 fun self-striping patterns, it's great for socks, as well as other accessories - shawls, hats, fingerless gloves or even a scarf!





My cardigan is growing. I should have the knitting finished early this week and then I can block it. Now a few more rows this evening.

No comments: