Monday, February 01, 2021

Coming in March

My sleeves are joined to the body and I’m working my way through the raglan and neck shaping. I’m 1/4 of the way through and my rows are getting shorter. I know that top down sweaters are really popular but working from the bottom up has some advantages. Both sleeves are finished - when I am knitting top down I am bored of my sweater when I get to the sleeves. A lot of top down patterns have colourwork in the top and then the body and sleeves are plain. Rows and rows of knitting with no interest. Also, my rows are going faster because I am decreasing at the raglan edges and at the neck.

Once the knitting is finished I will block my cardigan and then do the neck edging before cutting the front open.
I keep saying that I am knitting the Spark Cardi because I followed the colourwork charts for it but I am doing the front bands with buttons like Spice. I’m not really a belt kind of girl.
Photos © Andrea Mowry

PRETEND TRIP

I was so exhausted from my day of playing with yarn yesterday that I couldn’t bring myself to sit and blog. Here are some pictures from the day.

There was one common theme at the show - every supplier is having a hard time getting yarn. The mills have been slowed down (some are even closed) due to COVID. Everyone is working hard to get yarn to us so I must be patient.

The Rowan booth was as beautiful as ever - except for the lighting. I have a glare on some of my pictures. Rowan Magazine #69 will be launching on March 1.












There are new products coming from Lykke in March.



This show stopper was in the Freia Fibers booth. Tina knit the dress and it is amazing.
The minikins are so cute and the colours call to you.

Kits for the Sidestep Cowl should be arriving sometime in March.

This cozy cowl is made with two-color brioche in alternating gradient yarns and a stepped columnar pattern.
Tomorrow we are going golfing. I can’t wait.

No comments: