Thursday, November 12, 2020

Pandemic Projects

 Yarn has been shipped to Lynda - it’s time for some new store samples.

She is going to make Honey Moss from Andrea Mowry (the pattern can be purchased on Andrea’s website)
Photos © Andrea Mowry

We’re using Universal Yarn Deluxe Worsted Tweed in the colour 915 - Cloud Blue. It is a very pale blue/green and I think the pattern will look great in this colour.

I meant to take a picture of the yarn before we shipped it but I was rushing to get it ready for Mr. Canada Post.


Christine finished her Newleaf. It is gorgeous and looks great on her.
Retirement plus Covid have definitely increased my knitting output! I love the way this turned out—Biches et Buches seemed scratchy while knitting but Soaking really softened it.

Christine has another finished Pandemic Project. This is Stephen West’s Jigshawl Puzzle. Christine used all her leftover fingering weight skeins. What a gorgeous shawl. Christine said that it is a much brighter in real life.

Create a colorful collage using this geometric design to mix and marl your fingering weight yarns together. The pattern is written using eight skeins of yarn, but you can use scraps and leftover bits of yarn to utilize your stash. This shawl is constructed one section at a time as you knit the pieces together, so there is no sewing required. A final I-cord bind off frames the triangular shape. Use this modular design as a canvas to paint and explore marled knitting.

I just bought a new pattern (the Jigshawl Puzzle) - I have a lot of left over fingering weight yarn.

My Skylights has been sitting in a heap for a few days. I couldn’t bring myself to do the tubular bind off. I made the executive decision to do a regular cast off. Otherwise it would be sitting in a heap for another week. I hope to have it finished this weekend.

It’s early to bed tonight. Last night was very late - nothing bad but a sort of funny story that I will share tomorrow.

No comments: