Thursday, October 29, 2020

New Patterns

Tanis Lavallee just introduced the Rock It Tee DK. You can knit the sweater in a single strand of DK weight yarn or if you want a bit of fluff then use a strand of fingering weight with a strand of kidsilk. The sweater Tanis is wearing was knit with a fingering and a mohair.

I wore my light and airy fingering weight Rock It Tee so much this summer and as soon as the cool fall breezes started coming around I knew that I needed a cooler weather version to tide me over until the warm weather eventually returns. The Rock It Tee DK features all of the same details that I love about the fingering weight version, including eyelets at the raglan increases, I-cord bind offs and a combination of merino, mohair and of course lots of opportunity for customization with stripes. I’ve included instructions for both puff sleeves and slim sleeves so you can really make this sweater your own!
You can purchase the pattern on Tanis’ website.

Tanis’ patterns are well written and easy to follow. They are also size inclusive.

Tanis had fun and did a striped version in DK weight. Take a look at the sleeves. They are narrower at the cuff. Both sleeve versions are in the pattern.

Brian Smith has a new shawl pattern as well.

You can purchase the the pattern for Promise on Ravelry. Brian used 3 skeins of Hedgehog Fibres Skinny Singles - Monarch, Coral and Pinky Swear.
Worked sideways, this pretty shawl blends three shades using a garter rib pattern.
Coral and pink together - what a combination.


I saw my dad in the Tim’s drive through when I was coming home. I called and he was grabbing the guys coffee - they were pouring concrete today. That always makes my dad happy. He has been bugging me to stop by the job so I did. It’s just a big hole right now.

Now some knitting and TV. We have Big Brother and the Amazing Race from last night to watch.

No comments: