Monday, October 05, 2020

It’s a Hedgehog Day

Sarah has a new sweater. It is gorgeous. 

This is Tanis Lavallee’s Rock It Tee (pattern purchased on Ravelry)

From Tanis

I used to think that summer knits weren’t for me, boy was I wrong! There is nothing more comfortable than an easy breezy knit top. Over the past few years I’ve been working steadily towards building up my summer knits wardrobe. I’ve got a few summer knits in my closet now but what I realize was missing is a staple, go-to, v-neck tee. I’ve chosen to create tone on tone stripes by alternating between fingering and mohair yarn in my favourite shade of blue, but this basic shape lends itself to infinite possibilities when it comes to stripes and colour blocking.

Knit top down, flat until the neck shaping is complete and in the round after that.


Sarah used Hedgehog Skinny Singles and Kidsilk Lace in the colour Graphite.



LOVE how this turned out! Light weight and luxurious! So happy with the colour combo. Sometimes simple is best. I did the 4th size and added long sleeves. I picked up the sleeves as directed then knit 2 stripes (16 rows) before decreasing 2 stitches every 8 rows until desired sleeve length. 

I received an email from Hedgehog today and they are unable to get Kidsilk Lace right now. The mill that makes it for them is temporarily closed due to COVID. We have a little coming in about 2 weeks and then fingers crossed the mill will open again soon.

The colours coming are Artichoke, Budgie, Cereal, Ozone and Potion.

Linda sent me a picture of her finished Kentia top. She used Hedgehog Sock in the colour Electric. What a great looking top!

Kentia is a slightly cropped tee worked seamlessly from the top down. The lace motif at the yoke and the loose fit make it an easy and flattering garment to wear.

They are filming a Made for TV movie across from the store today and tomorrow.

It is something to do with a Bakery - I don’t remember the name. They did have the cutest bakery truck. And we got some snow in front of my store too.

It’s a big sports night so I should get some knitting done on the secret project. I have finished one item and am making another in a different colour.

No comments: