Saturday, July 18, 2020

Butterfly

I rephotographed our Butterfly shawl today. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. This shawl is an attention getter. Everyone who walks into the store comments on it and when it has been at shows people are always coming over to look at it.
Our shawl is knit with Uneek Fingering and SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock.
I put together some kits and they are available online.
When you first look at the pattern it looks really confusing. I had to go through it a few times to understand it. Then it made perfect sense.

My advice
- Don’t read through the pattern. Cast on and start. It will make sense as you start going.
- Try the first section with some yarn lying around at home. Maybe something thicker with bigger needles. Then you can see how the pattern goes before starting in fingering weight.

Urth Yarns will be bringing out new colours of Uneek Fingering for the fall.
We should have these in the store sometime in August.



Starting this week we are extending our curbside pick up hours.
They are Tuesday - Friday 10:30-1:30 and Saturday 10-11am.

My Botanic Shawl has grown over the past few days. It’s too late for pictures but I’ll get some tomorrow afternoon. Diana has finished the store sample and I will have it this week. I can’t wait!

No comments: