Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Shawls

Diana stopped in this afternoon with the latest shawl that she knit for the store.

Pattern: Adobe Shawl by Ambah O’Brien - pattern purchased on Ravelry

Yarn:
1 skein of SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock in Apricot
Party of Five Saltwater Taffy

The pattern calls for sport weight yarn but we went with fingering weight. I’m not sure if Diana changed the needle size - I just sent her an email and will let you know. And Diana answered very fast. She knit the shawl on 4mm needles.
The main colour allows sections of colour to peek through the slip stitch and mosaic patterning—a technique that is much simpler than it looks. Unlike stranded colourwork, only one colour is worked per round, and stitches are slipped to create texture and pattern. It’s perfect for showing off some special yarn, either with two contrasting colours or a main colour and a set of minis. Either way, every stitch will be a pleasure as you create a shawl full of heart. 
For the mini skeins we went from skein 1-5 and then 5-1. It doesn’t matter what order you number the skeins in.

Dalia emailed me pictures of her finished Nightshift. She used Noro Ito.
Sunny decided she wanted into the pictures.
Julie, now I understand why you have made so many Nightshifts. This pattern is totally addictive because you keep wanting to see the colour changes, so you just have to knit “one more row”. I used Noro Ito in colours 6 and 8, and I love how the colours turned out!
Here is a picture of the shawl before blocking.
This shows the importance of blocking. Knitters are always asking me if they really need to block. The simple answer is YES! Blocking will make a huge difference to relax the stitches and make them all lie nice. It also cleans your knitting.
Wannietta has been working like crazy on my Passeggiata Wrap. I am in love. I might need one in every colour. Tina at Freia Fibers is working as quickly as possible to get us Minikins.
I cropped Wannietta’s picture so you can get a close up. The striping pattern is gorgeous.

A customer emailed because she finished a Nightshift in Noro Ito and wanted something to hold it - like a shawl pin or cuff. She didn’t think the cuff would work so I put one on my Nightshift and it looks great.
This is Kit #2. The shawl cuff is the Original size, brass ring in the colour cool blue.

Pretend TNNA Trip
So I thought that Beth and I were leaving today but it wasn’t in the cards. Now we’re leaving on Friday. I will be at the show Saturday, Sunday and Monday and we will drive home on Tuesday.

No comments: