Friday, June 19, 2020

Mosaic

This is Into the Echo by Cheryl Faust. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. Photos © Cheryl Faust.
Into the Echo is a mosaic triangular shaped shawl, knit from tip to edge. From its simple beginnings to the impressive, over-sized border, the pattern motifs are created using one color per row. 
For dynamic contrast using the suggested yarn, I recommend choosing a Spincycle / Dyed in the Wool color-way that carries a consistent coloring throughout, such as Cold Comfort, Leith, Cataclysm, or Melancholia … just to name a few. For a striking, modern appearance, I chose Cold Comfort, which pairs beautifully with Brooklyn Tweed’s Peerie, in color-way Humpback. With that said, I absolutely adore Deb’s faded ombre version of Into the Echo featuring Spincycle’s Dead Reckoning color-way, seen here, combined with Wilder. 
Into the Echo includes partially written and charted instructions. Please note that the instructions for the over-sized border are charted only.
I love this. It might be the project I need to start to try my Addi Rocket Interchangeable set.

Take a look at this finished shawl on Ravelry. My goodness it is stunning.

Of course I put together combinations. I used Le Petit Lambswool with Dyed in the Wool that I brought home for pictures. There are 3 colours of Le Petit Lambswool - Dark Blue Black, Light Grey and Very Light Green.

Dyed in the Wool Idle Nights C

Neveruary B

Deep Bump D

Truth Bomb A
Boscoe sat like an angel while I was taking pictures. He really wanted to grab a skein or two but he didn’t.
If you want to make the shawl I can take some pictures for you. Let me know the colour of Dyed in the Wool that you like and I will put it with some different Le Petit Lambswool colours.

My Hug Shot is almost finished. 18 rows to go and I’m casting off. I’ll get pictures at work tomorrow.

No comments: