Thursday, June 25, 2020

Log Cabin Fun

There is a new Kim Hargreaves book on the way to us.
RAVISH is a stylish ensemble of fourteen monochrome designs created using a range of Rowan classic summer yarns.





I finished my square this afternoon (bright turquoise on the left) and then decided to pull out the rest of my squares. I found two more squares on needles so I’m working on those now.
One thing that is very important when putting the squares together is to make sure they are all going in the same direction. I have the tail top left.

Some people want to start putting squares together before knitting them all. I suggest that you wait. Then you can lay out all your squares and make sure that the colours are balanced. You can see that I have three with a lot of turquoise/green. I want these to be separated more than they are. You also want to make sure that you don’t have one corner that is all bright and one corner that is all dark.
You can see that Cathy spent some time playing with her squares before joining them.
Boscoe had fun at work today. Beth said it was snowing in the board room. Boscoe was not kind to his stuffed animal.

No comments: