Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Baby Lucy

For over 25 years this is the weekend that I travelled to the US for TNNA - a trade show for yarn shops to see what is new for the coming year. There is no TNNA this year but I’m going to take a pretend trip to it and show you some pretty yarns.

This year ‘Pretend TNNA’ is in Washington DC.

The shawl I am taking is called The Greyhound Shawl. I knit it with Mrs. Crosby Hat Box - 2 skeins each of Icebox Watermelon and Hummingbird. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

The shawl was designed by Thea Colman.
I wanted an easygoing wear-everywhere project for summer and this shawl was just the thing. The pattern is rhythmic and soothing and perfect for knitting in the car, at the beach, or sipping a cocktail poolside. 
You can easily alter the pattern for more or less stripes, add a different lace or play with size as your stash and taste dictates. You can knit this in one color, or two, or even a whole bunch of different ones (gradient?).



Beth is coming along. She is so excited about the museums that she is going to visit over the weekend. She’s mapped out what she needs to see and then there are places she wants to see. We are starting out early tomorrow morning.

Look at the pictures I found. Baby Lucy
 I can’t even remember her that small!


No comments: