Friday, May 15, 2020

Time Trades

I was doing a bit of tidying in the store and found some madelinetosh unicorn tails. There were only 5 colours. Why would I have these? And then it hit me - I used those colours when I knit Time Trades (pattern purchased on Ravelry).
Time Trades Wrap, an elegant shawl combining simple lace stitches with gorgeous hand-dyed gradient colors.
The unicorn tails are used to start the shawl and the full skeins are for the body of the shawl.

I had enough unicorn tails for 4 kits. This combination is very close to mine - one of the colours I used is discontinued.
This combination will be a touch brighter.
The shawl was a fun knit and I highly recommend it.

My Rock It Tee is growing. I want to keep going to see how the colours are going to play.

I put some colour combinations together.











We have been waiting (and waiting) for Addi needles and my supplier just received a huge shipment. My order is leaving BC on Tuesday and we should see them around the week of May 25.

I only knit with Addis - unless I don't have the size at home that I need. This happened to me when I started my Rock It Tee. I had to go down to a 3.5mm needle and all my circulars were in use. I would have taken a needle from the store but we are so low on inventory that I didn't want to take a needle that a customer might need. Soon we will have enough to make everyone happy.

We have Top Chef taped from last night. It's time to knit.

Boscoe and Lucy haven't seen each other since before Boscoe's surgery. When Boscoe got to work this morning he was wearing his cone. And running into Lucy. Lucy was quite upset so Boscoe was allowed to be coneless for the afternoon. Then Lucy loved him again.

No comments: