Sunday, May 17, 2020

Temptress

Yarn, she can be a cruel mistress. You see that one special skein and immediately snatch it up because it MUST be yours, but then you get it home and have absolutely no idea what to do with it. This triangle cowl is the answer to that siren’s call, it just takes 200 yards of Sport or Fingering weight yarn. The pattern was designed specifically with one skein Spincycle Dyed In The Wool in mind because those little color shifting skeins are so beautiful but it can be difficult to find a pattern to show off just one small skein. Since the lace looks great with color shifting yarn, it is also ideal for the handspun yarns you have been hoarding to brew who knows what with. Give in to the temptation. 
This pattern is called Foul Temptress and you can purchase it on Ravelry. The designer is Emily O'Brien and all pictures are © Emily O'Brien.
This cowl is knit top down starting with a basic flat triangle shawl construction, it is then joined in the round for the last few rounds to create a triangle cowl shape. You can even use multiple single skeins up because the pattern includes two different border options; Siren’s Song and Lilith’s Lace. Siren’s Song is shown in Idle Nights (lighter yarn with blue/pink) and Lilith’s Lace is shown in Ruination (darker yarn with purple/green). Lace sections include both charted and written instructions.
You need one skein of Spincycle Dyed in the Wool. What a perfect way to see how a colour knits up. This is going to be dangerous for me. I love so many colours but I can't possibly knit them all up into sweaters.

I am going into the store tomorrow to pack orders. Maybe a skein will come home with me 😋


Kathy emailed me this morning with a picture of a shawl she just finished. Thanks for sharing Kathy.
I have finished my Breathe and Hope. 
Sweet Georgia Tough Love Sock in Mulberry and Hue Loco Phyllis Sock in Grocery Girls.  Both really nice to work with.
My Rock it Tee is 12 rows from joining into the round. The sweater is knit from the top down. You start out working back and forth until the end of the V-neck and then it is joined in the round. I'm temporarily stopping to soak it in Soak and let it dry. That way I will know if the armhole length is okay. Tonight I'm going back to my Nightshift.

No comments: