Friday, May 29, 2020

Stripes

Photos @ Stephen West
Meet Lava Lake from Stephen West (pattern purchased on Ravelry).
Choose five colors and fade them together for this large triangular shawl. This simple design is knit sideways in garter stitch from wingtip to wingtip. Lace columns accentuate the angles with smooth I-cord edges framing the entire piece. The colors fade to the middle of the shawl and then fade back to the originating color. This elegant design would also look smashing in a solid color!



I received an email from Tina (Freia Fine Handpaints) this morning and she is working hard on making Minikins. We might see them in June. There will be a new Minikin Palette Pack.
 Tina used this new colourway, Baby's Breath, to knit the Passeggiata Wrap.

Wannietta is working away on the Wrap for me. She is using Jewels.
Here is Tina's first wrap in Earthy.



Take a look at this project on Ravelry - the knitter is using the Sun Kissed kit. I thought it would be way too bright but it is gorgeous.
Send me an email if you want to reserve a kit.

I have 7 more rows on Fading Point before joining. We're going to watch Top Chef from last night and I should get a few rows knit. The problem with watching Top Chef (or any cooking show) is that you have to watch to see what is happening.

No comments: