Sunday, May 24, 2020

Happy Sunday

It's been a lazy day with lots of knitting. I worked on my Nightshift - no thinking knitting.


Ambah O'Brien has a new pattern called the Adobe Wrap. This is Diana's next project.
The main colour allows sections of colour to peek through the slip stitch and mosaic patterning—a technique that is much simpler than it looks. Unlike stranded colourwork, only one colour is worked per round, and stitches are slipped to create texture and pattern. It’s perfect for showing off some special yarn, either with two contrasting colours or a main colour and a set of minis. Either way, every stitch will be a pleasure as you create a shawl full of heart. 

The pattern calls for sportsweight but we went with fingering - SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock. The main colour is Apricot and the contrast is a Party of Five kit - Saltwater Taffy.


I was supposed to be packing today.
This trip was booked a long time ago and was planned to give me a break after the Frolic. I was to fly home on Thursday and then Friday I was going to drive to Cleveland for TNNA. Vegas will be there in 2021. Now with computers and Zoom meetings I am seeing the new yarns, patterns, needles, bags, accessories.... that I was going to see at TNNA. I'm sad to miss visiting with friends but I'll meet up with them again one day.

No comments: