Monday, April 06, 2020

Summer Knit

Are you looking for a summer knit? This can have two meanings. Knit in the summer or wear in the summer. How about Navelli? It works for both.

Photos © Caitlin Hunter
Navelli is a relaxed lightweight summer sweater, knit in the round from the bottom up and featuring colorwork at the body hem and folded sleeves with a tiny peek of contrast color for visual and structural interest. The front and back are separated at the armholes and worked flat with short row shaping at the shoulders. Named for an ancient town in Italy, known as the land of crocuses and saffron, this sweater is the third in my “Knitaly” series of designs (following Tegna and Marettimo). 

We had two Navelli's on display at the Knitters Fair last fall. The blue sample is hanging in the store. The green version is Linda's.
This is Alex's Navelli.

You need three colours of fingering weight yarn. Hand dyed yarns will work but I don't think you want something too crazy.
You will lose the pattern if you use a colour like this. It's a beautiful colour - just not for this project.
These colours would be perfect. Hand dyed but more semi solid. HH Cinder
HH Petrol
tosh merino light Elizabeth Taylor

My knitting was moving along nicely when I decided that I didn't like the last colour. Six rows have been taken out and I'm putting the stitches back on the needle. I went through my stash of Hedgehog Potlucks and found a colour I like much better. Now it's time to move forward.

No comments: