Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Show & Tell

Is it time to learn a new technique?
From our friend Kate Atherley
Want to learn how to knit toe-up socks? 
This pattern is quick and easy way to learn everything you need to know about the toe-up sock. It’s designed to be a one-evening knit, and takes you through the entire process of knitting a toe-up sock, without driving yourself mad with teeny-tiny needles and teeny-tiny yarn. 
You use 4.5mm needles and less than 25gm of worsted or aran weight scrap yarn (e.g. Cascade 220, Galway, Wool-Ease, Nor Kureyon or Silk Garden, or whatever is lying around)
Kate Atherley has two great patterns. One that you would knit with double pointed needles and one using Magic Loop. This is just a practice piece so the needle size and yarn aren't really, really important. It's more about learning the technique.

After you have tried the sample sock you are ready to try socks in fingering weight yarn. I have put Phyllis Sock from Hue Loco on sale for 20% off for the next week (until Wednesday April 8). The discount is automatic - you don't need to enter a code.
Phyllis Sock is hand dyed in Colorado and the colours are amazing! One skein will make a pair of socks.
Kate Atherley has great sock patterns available on Ravelry that will work with Phyllis Sock.
This is a simple sock for your first pair of toe up socks - Basic Ribbed Socks

Here is a pattern from Susan B. Anderson for Toe Up Socks.

And some Show and Tell.
Barbara knit the Soft Shoulder Cowl with Malabrigo Rios. The colours is 215 Cowboy. The perfect colour for Barbara!
Ruth finished her Log Cabin Afghan. She did an amazing job. She used Noro Kureyon for the squares and Cascade 220 for the border.
Doreen is knitting Goldwing in Rowan Felted Tweed.

Just wanted to show you Goldwing.  I am really happy with the colour choices.  I am using Rowan Felted Tweed in Ginger and Delft.
I came in and Lynn and I where looking at a different colour combination and you put these two together.  I am really like the way the blue green and the ginger go together.  I have about 10 more rows of the pattern to do and then on to the separation for the sleeves.
This is a great pattern to work with and the colour work is very easy to follow.

You knew it was going to happen. I took some yarn home. I'm shipping out pretty yarn every day and I wanted some new skeins.
Rose Garnet
Kid Royale
Coral
Vanilla Skies
Coral
Awakenings
Vivid

It's really Candice's fault. If she hadn't sent me the picture of her scarf I would have been fine.

I'm going brighter for my Luverne. A lot brighter.


No comments: