Thursday, April 02, 2020

A Newleaf Day

Mr. Canada Post dropped off a box this morning from Lynda. She finished Newleaf for the store. We used Le Petit Lambswool in Dark Blue Turquoise. The contrast is Dyed in the Wool Castaway. Thanks Lynda - the sweater looks great.

We have more Show & Tell. This is from Carolyn. She did an amazing job on her sweater!
HI Julie - here are a couple of pics of my finished New Leaf. I used Yarn Rehab donegal tweed and Spincycle Dyed in the wool. My only change to the pattern was to the bottom edges - I didn’t put the colour work on the sleeves and on both edges I knit one row/purl one row repeated. As a result, I only needed one skein of Spincycle. 
Because the yarn was a significant investment I was very careful to make sure my gauge was spot on. That carefulness paid off because it’s a perfect fit. I used helical knitting to alternate skeins. The Yarn Rehab donegal tweed was some of the nicest yarn I’ve knit with.  
Now, if I just had somewhere to wear this lovely sweater! :-)
Carolyn mentioned Helical knitting - no I don't know what that is. I quickly googled it but need to do more research. I'll share my findings over the next few days. Here is a link to an article from Mason-Dixon Knitting on Helical Stripes.
The Donegal Cottage Tweed Sock is a beautiful yarn. I'm knitting with it right now and highly recommend it.

Before leaving the store I took a few pictures of colour options for Newleaf. I went light and springy with the colours.






I started my shawl last night but didn't get very far. I thought I was going to knit this afternoon but housework got in the way. Now that the dinner dishes are done I'm going to knit for an hour before bed.

No comments: