Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Life in the Long Grass

Mr. FedEx brought in the boxes from LITLG this afternoon. The colours are amazing. I took pictures of the DK Twist and Haze Lace. I will photograph the other yarns tomorrow.
These are DK Twist. Gorgeous. The first thing I thought of was a Comfort Fade Cardi.
Another way to fade! This open cardigan is super cozy with its garter shawl collar! The Reverse Stockinette makes a stunning canvas to fade on for the most unique cardigan in your wardrobe!! This cardigan keeps me feeling cozy and stylish all in one!
Photos © Andrea Mowry




I think you could work the colours in either direction. Purple at the top or purple at the bottom.
Dusky
Crush
Reflect
Shield

Another project that comes to mind is Hipster.
We have two Hipsters hanging in the store. From Joji
I confess not being able to channel my inner hipster too often… But sometimes I knit pieces like this warn and fuss free shawl and I can feel myself instantly transported to the coolest, little known coffeeshop in town… 
Do you have an inner hipster? 
And if you don’t, do you have a bit of time and some worsted yarn around you? I promise this is the coolest quickest shawl you’ll ever knit. 
I knit this one and would definitely make it again.

And how about Joji's Odyessey Shawl?
Photo © Joji Locatelli
Odyssey is a way for me to give back to the knitting community. 
You can download it for free, forever, but it is not a free pattern… 
The making of this pattern was paid by all of you, knitters, as a community. By supporting me and my family, you are allowing me to do a job I love and I am giving that love back. 
And by supporting I don’t only mean ‘buying my patterns’. Support also comes from all the love you send me with your messages. I couldn’t do it without you. 
Therefore, because you are a member of this community, this is a pattern from me to all of you. 
I started the design of this shawl during a trip to Canada, inspired by the green colors of the landscape. It was the perfect easy project to keep me company on a trip that turned out to be quite an adventure! 
Today, I am again traveling with my family and we feel so blessed and so grateful that we want to send something to all of you, so here’s this Odyssey for you to knit and enjoy. 
Odyssey is a crescent shaped shawl in 3 colors of medium-weight yarn. Medium weight means DK, or worsted, or even Aran! The good news is that you knit it up super fast.Each color section ends with a lace band that features striking big eyelets and wavy texture. 
It works with MANY yarn weights, and with ANY yarn! You don’t need to buy any special yarn for this design. Check your stash and see what inspires you! Or ask us if you need advise choosing super luxurious budget friendly yarns.
The Haze Lace is beautiful.
From the top
Winterview
Dusky
Space Ash
Reflect

No comments: