Monday, February 10, 2020

Weaving

I have a beautiful new shawl. It was woven for me by Deborah Jarchow. I know almost nothing about weaving except to know that it is a lot of work. One day I will get a loom.

The yarn is Streamers from Trendsetter Yarns. The cake of yarn is 100% cotton with 800m (880 yards). It weighs 200grams. Deborah used 2 Streamers for my shawl.

The knit shawl patterns should be available next week.

Stephen West has a new pattern. I need to start taking a day off every week so I can get the knitting done that I want/need.
Photos ©Stephen West
Surround yourself in cozy cabled goodness with this boxy Westknits sweater. Begin with the collar and proceed to the antler cables on the shoulders. The front and back yoke are knit flat and then the entire sweater is joined in the round for the body. You can knit the body and sleeves as long as you want. Twisted ribbing frames the edges for a sublimely textured fabric. Use two strands of yarn held together like one strand of suri alpaca or mohair yarn held together with one strand of wool. Choose between four sizes and enjoy this comfy oversized sweater.

You can purchase the pattern for Extra Texture on Ravelry.


2 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

The shawl is beautiful! Weaving has always looked so great to me, too, but I've never put down my knitting needles long enough to give it a try. I especially enjoyed seeing weaving looms in the homes along the Lincoln Trail in Kentucky. They wove everything from thread to yarn they spun, to pieces of fabric.

And, most important, your fur babies are beautiful. :)

Julie Ann said...

Of course I'm interested in all your yarn and pattern posts but I must confess right now I'm looking for your doggie pictures each day. Love to see Boscoe and Lucy cuddled together!