Friday, February 21, 2020

Gloves

Mr. Canada Post brought in a few parcels this morning. The first one that we opened was from Lynda. She finished a new Nightshift for the store. For me. I love the colours. It is knit in Noro Akari colours 13 and 17.


Normally I would stretch the shawl out on the fence to show all the colours. There is a big snowbank there so I laid it out on the table in the store.


The second box was full of Addi needles. We brought in a sampling of Addi Rockets Squared.
Revolutionizing the way in which we knit, these slightly rounded square needles promote positive ergonomics, feature a perfectly tapered point and a special no-slip tip texture, and yield impeccably even stitches every time!  Experience the future of knitting…

I haven't tried the needles but customers have been asking for them. They are available in the store and on the website. If we find that customers like the needles we will start carrying more sizes. We can special order sizes as well.

We had two young men in this morning wearing the amazing gloves that they knit for themselves. Gloves. I'm not knitting gloves. They are a lot of work. And colourwork gloves. They are amazing. Their mom and dad knit and have taught all their children to knit. It's so much fun when the kids come in so we can see what they are working on. They love walking through the store looking at yarn and patterns and discussing knitting. I think I have my next employees when Lynn retires. I think they might work for yarn 😋


2 comments:

elcrafty said...

Love those gloves! I'm with you about knitting gloves. one of my goals this year is to improve my colour work skills.
I love the addi rocket needles. good to know there is someone local that has them!

Sue said...

So glad to hear about the Addi Rocket Squared needles. I have several pairs and can knit longer without my hands getting stiff later on.
Next time I get to Ancaster I will be getting another set.

Hooray for boys who knit! I have a grandson who knits.