Monday, January 06, 2020

The Simple Collection

On Saturday we had many new knitters in the store. Lynn and I introduced them to The Simple Collection from Tin Can Knits
Here at Tin Can Knits we enjoy the basic ingredients of knitting.  The Simple Collection has quick accessories and simple sweaters, sized from newborn to grandpa, in worsted weight yarn and best of all – the patterns are all free for you to use and share with your friends! 
With 12 excellent free patterns (including 3 sweaters!) plus clear tutorials, the collection is perfect for newer knitters building skills and confidence, and also a treat for experienced knitters who enjoy modern lines and simple details. Whether you are knitting your first scarf, cozy socks for your dad, or a sweater for your little man, the Simple Collection will teach you all you need to know to make modern seamless knits for the whole family! We have plans for new additions to this excellent free collection - get our email updates and we will let you know when they are available!
The collection includes scarves, hats, mittens, socks, a sweater and a cardigan. The patterns are very well written. Even if you are an experienced knitter you will learn little tricks from these tutorials.

The Collection is available on the Tin Can Knits website.
Rye and Harvest are two of the patterns in the collection.

Yarnuary

Day 6 - Your Favourite Yarn
That is an impossible question for me to answer. I love many different yarns. If you have visited the store you know that I have a yarn problem.
Here are a few that I really like. Dream State from Spincycle. I have used this for two Nightshifts as well as the colourwork in my Throwback.


Hedgehog Skinny Singles. I have knit many shawls with this.
I really like anything Noro. The colour changes make me happy.

We're getting ready for the new spring books from Rowan. These should be arriving the beginning of February.
This book is four garments knit in Felted Tweed. I would like all of them in my wardrobe.

These sweaters can be worn year round.




My day started very early - one of those automated scam calls that your credit card has been compromised. Your heart skips a beat when the phone rings before 7am. I don't know if I'll finish my sleeve tonight. Tomorrow for sure.

No comments: