Friday, January 10, 2020

Stephen does cables

Photos ©Stephen West
What a gorgeous shawl. Stephen West has a new pattern out called Cabled Bliss.
This simple textured shawl features meandering cables framed by simple ribbing and garter stitch. Three skeins of fingering weight yarn yield a lovely triangular shape that is knit sideways. You can choose three tonal colorways that fade together or pick one color and enjoy this easy-to-knit shawl.




I'm using Malabrigo Rios to make another Nightshift. It isn't as bright as some of my Nightshifts but I like how the colours are coming. The yarn is amazing to knit with. Super soft.

Our shipment of Rios was supposed to be delivered today but now it's coming on Monday. All 'out of stock' colours will be in the shipment. Our shipment of Rios arrived and the website has been updated.

Yarnuary
Day 10 - your biggest weakness

My biggest weakness is being too lazy to try new techniques. I stayed away from short rows for the longest time. Designers are now asking for the Tubular Cast On. I've been casting on the same way for 45 years. Why try something new?

Here is a video from Very Pink Knits that talks about the Tubular Cast On.



Alex is always trying new techniques. She isn't set in her ways like the many of us.

I was so tired last night that I was in bed by 9. Not much knitting. Of course I was up very early. Early enough to make muffins, start my blog post and send out a newsletter before heading to work.  Going to bed early and getting up early starts a trend. I'm tired. A few rows of knitting and then bed.

No comments: