Thursday, January 23, 2020

Blocking

Sarah and Cathy stopped in this morning and Sarah is almost finished another sweater. She is making Newleaf with Biches & Buches Le Petit Lambswool and Dyed in the Wool.
It is gorgeous.

From Sarah

I've had great success lately by blocking a top down sweater with colour work when I think I'm getting close to a good length. I completely wet block it with Soak so I can get an accurate feel for how it will hang on the shoulders. I find most patterns look quite scary when you try them on preblock. I think I may have even cried once lol! It is truly remarkable how they stretch and flatten out. I also like to knit a bit on each sleeve. This helps me see how the sleeves will help to pull the sweater down. You can see exactly where the underarm will sit. If you have enough needless then definitely hold the sleeves on needles for easy knitting later. After doing this process part way through a sweater I would NEVER not do it now!
We have been busy rearranging in the store. Today we started working on Rowan. It's just a week until the magazines arrive.
These are the colours being featured in the new Mode magazine.

Two weeks ago Lynn commented that we were starting to run low on sock yarn. Now she wishes she had kept that to herself. We have a new sock yarn from Arne & Carlos. Gargia. She has had fun finding shelf space for the new colours.

Photos ©Andrea Mowry
 Andrea Mowry released a new sweater pattern today. Meet Fade Neve.
I love to combine my favorite techniques together into a single project for a super engaging knit that is hard to put down! Fade Névé is a top down, circular yoke pullover that fades from one color to the next with rounds of nupps throughout to create a flattering sweater unlike any other in your wardrobe!
Nupp is an Estonian word and it’s pronounced noop (like loop).



Andrea did a video showing how to make Nupps

Mr. UPS came late this afternoon with a box from Spincycle.
Dyed in the Wool Rusted Rainbow
The Castle. I am very excited about this colour. It is one of the colours that Andrea Mowry used for The Shift. The other two colours should be here next month. When they arrive we will be kitting up the three colours.
Lynn put these three together for The Shift.
The Castle, Idle Nights and Wallflower
How about Newleaf in these colours? The Castle with Very Light Pink and Turquoise Le Petit Lambswool.

Dad and Lucy are home after a couple of weeks in Myrtle Beach.




No comments: