Monday, December 30, 2019

POP

Do you need some colour in your life? Take a look at the POP blanket from tincanknits.
This blanket is inspired by the bright, exciting and high-contrast graphics of comic books and American Pop Art, and my love of polka dots in general. MMMmmmm who doesn’t love a good polka dot?
Blanket can be made any size desired. When made to the gauge suggested, the squares measure approximately 6.25” square. The sample is baby blanket size, it measures 26” x 32.5”. Of course you can knit this pattern in any yarn and gauge that you like, but note that this will change the yardage requirements. POP is a fabulous project for using up colourful scraps of leftover yarn. 
The ladies from tincanknits used Noro Kureyon and Cascade Eco + for their sample.

Alex started the POP blanket using Noro Ito and Cascade Eco +.

Newleaf is growing. I have an inch more to knit on the body before doing 2" of ribbing. I think I am going to make the sleeves 4" long but will try the sweater on again when I get close to that measurement.

Unfortunately there won't be any knitting tonight. I need to put yarn away. It's only two more sleeps until Boscoe arrives and I have a feeling he is going to like playing with my yarn.

No comments: