Monday, December 16, 2019

Hot Right Now

Ms. UPS brought in another shipment of Rasta this morning. The website has been updated and Rasta has a new home in the store. I went back through the blog and found pictures of some cowls that I have knit. We first started to carry Rasta on April 1, 2010. (These photos are pre pretty shed in the parking lot).
Pattern: Textured Cowl (free on Ravelry)
Yarn: one skein of Rasta in the colour Anzules
Needles: 15mm

Pattern Changes: I cast on 42 stitches instead of the 48 that the pattern called for and worked four full repeats.

This was my first Textured Cowl. It is a bit too wide. I case on 48 stitches for this one.

Pattern: Textured Cowl (free on Ravelry)
Yarn: one skein of Rasta in the colour Zarzamora
Needles: 15mm

If you've made a cowl and find that it is too big, don't rip it out. I'm against ripping out. :) Instead try a shawl pin. It will hold the cowl in place and looks great. Jewelry for your knitting.
This is an easy checkerboard cowl. We have the pattern in the store and it is free with the purchase of a skein of Rasta.



We love Ravelry but it can be a daunting place if you aren't sure how to navigate the website. 

If you are wondering where I find the new patterns, here is a screen shot from Ravelry.


To see this click on 'Patterns' at the top of the page and this is your landing page.  On the left you will see 'hot right now'. You can see the patterns that people are currently viewing. If you click on 'browse patterns in this order...' you will see all the hot patterns. Then on the right is 'your pattern highlights'. Patterns similar to something you have knit. Designers you like.
You can also see your history - patterns you have recently looked at.

I started this post about Ravelry a while ago and it has sat in my drafts. The 'hot right now' patterns aren't actually the hot right now patterns😘

Wannietta came in today and took the yarn for Ginny. I switched colours.
Ciaran - a dark brown with coloured flecks.

I might have brought some new skeins of yarn home tonight. It's time to knit.

No comments: