Thursday, November 28, 2019

Maker's Trunk

This morning Mr. FedEx brought in two large boxes from Namaste. We only received one colour of the Maker's Trunk and I'm trying to find out when the rest will be available. (Then it hit me - it is Thanksgiving - Namaste is closed until Monday). It is a lot bigger that I thought. The box it comes in is 14"x11"x12".

New Buddy Cases. Lavender and Purple.

Beth stopped this morning to drop off our hats, mitts and scarves. Diane at Mission Services sent this picture along with
Hi Julie,
We received the very generous donation of gorgeous hats, mitts and scarves today!  I am so grateful to you for supporting Mission Services by making items yourself as well as encouraging your contacts to make and donate items for our clients!  They are going to be included as Christmas gifts for the adults and children when they attend our up-coming Christmas program.  These beautiful items will help keep people warm and toasty in the cold weather and I imagine will also bring a smile while helping people feel cared for. 
Thank you so much for partnering with Mission Services!
I'm flying to Myrtle Beach on Sunday morning to spend two days with Dad. I will be home late Tuesday evening. I need knitting but want something small so I think it could be the Fino Shadow Cowl - the pattern is free. When you fly with just a carry on there isn't a lot of room for yarn.
It takes one Fino mini skein kit and 3.75mm needles.

It's Nightshift time. An hour of knitting and then bed. I don't want to start watching the next football game because that will make for a late evening.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Socks are great travel knitting and my go-to for short holidays 🧶

theresa said...

That donation is so awesome!