Saturday, October 05, 2019

The Last Night

Yesterday afternoon we did some group shots. Comfort Fade Cardigans in very different colours. You can tell that we love Andrea Mowry patterns.
Nightshifts
Weekenders.

I have more but it's late and I need some sleep.
My students were hard at work. They did a great job with Colour Dominance.
Laura taught Activated Colour. I wish I could have sat in on this.
Color choice for visually active patterns like chevrons, mosaics, and slip stitches can make or break the impact of your work. Learn what Laura has learned through years of discovery, including studying Missoni. Lots of hands-on swatching with simple pattern stitches illustrates how to achieve a dynamic balance in value and hue contrast. Turn that ordinary pattern into extraordinary! Especially useful for showing the beauty of hand-dyed multi-colors. 


We had a great student fashion show tonight. So many talented knitters. Everyone received a door prize and I want to thank our amazing suppliers.

Blue Sky Fibers
Estelle Designs
Freia Fibres
H. A. Kidd
Knitting Fever
Knox Mountain Knit Co.
N. Jefferson
Old Mill Knitting
Prism Yarns
Regia
Rowan Yarns
Skacel Canada
Soak
The Fibre Co.
Wonderland Yarns and Frabjous Fibres


The weekend has been great but I haven't knit a stitch. My Newleaf might become short sleeved. And cropped if I'm going to be wearing it in Woodstock. 

We have one more class in the morning. I will be teaching Brioche. Then we pack up and head home. The afternoon and evening will be spend with my feet up. If you don't see a blog post tomorrow I will share lots of pictures on Monday.

No comments: