Saturday, October 26, 2019

Lynn has a new sweater

Lynn wore her sweater at the Woodstock Fleece Festival but she didn't have time to block it before the show. Now it is blocked and looks amazing!! (More amazing than it did before 😘) I told her that she should knit the sweater again and again in different colours because it fits her so well. I really like the short sleeves - when I get back to mine I will be doing short sleeves.

Pattern: Newleaf (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Le Petite Lambswool and Dyed in the Wool
Newleaf is inspired by my beloved houseplants. This easy sweater pattern includes options for short or long sleeves. Fingering or sport weight yarn makes this garment light weight and versatile. This piece is knit top down, seamlessly and in the round starting with a simple rolled neckline. With its easy to follow colorwork chart, this pattern is suitable for beginners and experienced knitters alike. While my sample hits at upper hip, you can easily add or subtract length if desired. Just try on as you go and choose the length that’s best for you. 

By the beginning of November we should have new Opal Sock Yarn. Dad and Beth have socks knit with Opal (thanks Jane) that they throw in the washing machine with regular laundry detergent (Cheer, Tide.....) and in the dryer . They do not look after them and the socks look great!!!

Opal is a blend of superwash wool and nylon. Perfect for socks.
Opal Schafpate XI "The Way of Sheep" 4 Ply. A collection of bold shades from Opal in their unmistakable self-patterning style, Schafpate XI 4 Ply is a vibrant range of sock yarn.

Another collection is called Freche Freunde - Naughty Friends.


And the last collection is Magic Sky
A tiny bit of glitter.

We have another order from Life in the Long Grass coming late November/early December. Caroline has many new colours. I love Winter View. You might say obsessed. I can't wait to see it in person.

Flight of Stitch Markers should be in the store November 1. The box has made it to BC and it will depend on how fast it travels across Canada. The stitch markers are on the website and we will ship the minute they arrive. I'm sad that they haven't arrived yet. They would have been perfect to put in my knitting bag on the plane.

I'm very early today with my post. The store closes at 4 and dad is picking me up at 5. My luggage is sort of packed. Everything is lying on the suitcase - now I need to actually pack.

No comments: