Thursday, October 10, 2019

Flying with knitting needles

I follow the CATSA on Twitter and this was in my feed today.
I am continually asked about taking knitting needles on an airplane. Go to the CATSA website and search 'knitting needles'. This comes up.
Print it off and take it with you to show the person at security screening if they question your needles. This is for Canada. Returning home could be a different story.

I searched the TSA (US security screening) and found this.
I have never been questioned in Canada or the US.

It's time to get ready for Woodstock. Our friends at Spincycle Yarns are sending Dyed in the Wool that should make it in time. Here are a few of the colours that will be in the boxes.




Here's a little sneak peek at something coming in November from Cocoknits. 
I will share more pictures over the next few weeks. 

Lynn had knitting time yesterday and made it into her body. Not me. I put my sweater on two needles last night and tried it on. I needed a few more rows before dividing. That is going to happen tonight!! And it did happen. I'm divided and working around and around.
It's Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada. The store will be open on Saturday and then closed Sunday and Monday. 

1 comment:

Trina said...

I had a hard time with my needles a few years back, coming home from Mexico. When the security thought I'd have to rip out my work if she took my needles away, she let me through (begrudgingly!)....I was knitting a lace weight scarf and she looked at it carefully before making her official decision...sure didn't want to lose my Addi needles so I did a happy dance :)
Happy Thanksgiving Julie.