Friday, August 02, 2019

Printed Organic Cotton

This is the Leafy Baby Blanket (pattern free on Ravelry) knit in Blue Sky Fibers Printed Organic Cotton.

Diana knit the blanket in one week - you gotta love a quick and beautiful baby blanket. She used 3 skeins on 4.5mm needles. The pattern asks for sport weight double stranded but we used worsted weight single strand.

A quick project on larger needles, using two strands of yarn. I was inspired to make it as my good friend was having a baby, and the nursery theme was “In the Woods”. 
It’s a lace pattern that uses left and right slanting decreases on both right and wrong side rows. The pattern has both charted and written instructions.

My job today was to rearrange the Hedgehog Kidsilk Lace. It wasn't speaking to me so I knit instead. It was necessary - I still have a lot of knitting to do on Guthrie if I'm going to be wearing it at the Knitters' Fair. Please ask for cool weather that day. I love my sweater but it is going to be warm.

There is another shipment of Shawl Cuffs on the way to us. I don't know if we will be receiving all of these but I hope so.


Now it's bed time. Tomorrow I need to do some actual work - no knitting all day.

No comments: