Tuesday, August 27, 2019

New Homes

Karen sent me pictures last night of her finished shawl that she knit for the Joji KAL.
I am very pleased to let you know that I finished my Odyssey Shawl. It is quite lovely! 
I used Life in the Longgrass DK Twist Harbour, Soulskin and Amethyst.
Karen chose amazing colours!! I keep looking at the yarn on the shelf and now I want to knit with it.

I knit Time Trades (pattern purchased on Ravelry) designed by Caitlin Hunter (boylandknitworks). Lynn and I are knitting her Guthrie right now.

Hurry to her Instagram page - she is having a pattern sale until midnight August 28.

Mr. UPS showed up this morning with four huge boxes. One was from Spincycle Yarns. Meet the new colours of Dyed in the Wool.
Ghost Ranch
Castaway
Cold Comfort
The hooks arrived and Rockshelter from Meadowcroft Dyeworks has been relocated.

This wall was going to be the home for tosh merino (it is in the worsted weight room) but I switched it up and we hung sock yarn from LITLG, Long Dog and Urth.

I borrowed this picture from the Spincycle Instagram feed.
I sent an email the minute I saw this picture and asked if there was any way we could have this colour - Castaway. I might need to put a few skeins away for myself.

From Rachel who knit this beautiful sweater..
I used Castaway to knit one of my all time favorite sweaters, and that’s saying a lot if you’ve seen my sweater stack. It’s the Carlina Pullover by Whitney Hayward! Clearly I’m crazy about this shape
I'm tired (and I am sure Lynn is too) from all our moving around today. The problem is that we started a chain reaction. Now we are moving yarns that were never on our radar to relocate. By the end of the week we should have everything back in order.

No comments: