Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Kaffe Fassett

We're a month away from the launch of Rowan Autumn/Winter 2019/2020 and I can start sharing pictures with you. I am very excited about the patterns that are coming.

These designs are from Kaffe Fassett's new book Winter Vintage. 

I need this scarf!



Ms. UPS brought in two huge boxes of Tahki Donegal Tweed. We've already packed some up to send to Lynda and she is going to make another Weekender (pattern purchased on Ravelry)

We picked lime (851) for the sweater.


This drop shoulder sweater is my most favorite addition to my handmade wardrobe! I combined my favorite attributes - texture, faux seams, drop shoulder, and some positive ease to create this versatile, flattering sweater! No matter your body type, it is perfect for wearing to the office or out on your weekend hike in the woods. I’ve already knit a second version, leaving off the sleeves so I can wear it in warmer weather or layered over a long sleeve tee!
Photos ©Andrea Mowry

I have been knitting with Donegal Tweed for years. I love this yarn.
Tahki Donegal Tweed is a handsome tweed wool that's perfect for sweaters, vests, and afghans. One ply of 100% wool is twisted with complimentary-colored slubs for a timeless look and tons of texture. Donegal Tweed is a classic and will make so many wonderful projects that will last for years to come! 
Nick (Mr. Canpar) brought four boxes, two were full of Gleeners.
We have pretty mini Gleeners. You can pick a flowery gleener or a solid gleener.
Smaller than a glasses case, this patented travel fuzz remover is compact enough to take anywhere that last minute wardrobe touch-ups are needed. 3 fabric-safe edges eliminate pilling while a built-in lint brush dusts away pet hair and dandruff. Keep one in your purse, car, briefcase or desk drawer.

The yarn arrived today for the next Knitterati KAL. It isn't on the website yet but I will add as soon as Cascade puts the colours on their website. The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash Merino.


Kathy brought in her finished Washed Out (pattern purchased on Ravelry) She was lucky to walk out of the store with it.
This is another project for the Joji KAL. Kathy is aiming to have at least one more project finished, maybe two before the end of August.
She used Hedgehog Skinny Single Purr, LITLG Singles Damask and Lightbeam.
Washed out is a stunning asymmetrical triangle shawl with faded stripes and lace.
I chose a faded progression of colors for my sample, but we tried it in different combinations, and we decided that any order and combination looks great! Wheter it’s a fade or not.  
The stripes in this pattern will make your colors melt together as you make your way to the final and most stunning part of this project: The lace edging.

I'm casting off and it is taking forever. Cast off 7, cast on 2. I can't keep my eyes open any longer so I'll finish tomorrow.

No comments: