Thursday, July 04, 2019

Hipster Cowl

There is a new pattern from Joji. Meet the Hipster Cowl (pattern purchased on Ravelry)

Photos ©Joji Locatelli
This is probably the coolest accessory I’ve designed, and I might like it even more than the shawl it was inspired by, the Hipster Shawl…  
Practical, fuss free, this cowl goes with everything in my wardrobe. And yes, I do feel cool wearing it… even if not exactly ‘hipster’. 


We have another Nightshift in the store. This is knit out of a cotton/acrylic from Trendsetter Yarns. Why cotton/acrylic? Adding in some acrylic helps with the weight of the garment when the yarn is thicker. The shawl would weigh a lot in all cotton. The acrylic also helps with stretching. If you knit a sweater you knit it at a much tighter tension than a shawl. Because the shawl is on a bigger needle it would grow and grow if knit in all cotton.


Photo ©Andrea Mowry

More Dreamstate will be arriving next week which means we will have Original Nightshift kits again.
Colours are coming in the garden.

Dad came and cleaned up all our boxes today. After throwing them onto the back of the truck he gets up on them and stamps them down. Not something a 77 year old should be doing but there is no stopping him.
I'm very early today because I need to start packing tonight. I don't think I will need any sweaters 😘


No comments: