Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Minikins

It was a happy morning because Mr. Canada Post walked in with our second box from Life in the Long Grass.
DK Twist in Cactus Moonsoil and Moorlands. Oh My! I want to make more Hipsters.

There were more new colours of Singles and Fine Sock as well.



Freia Fibers has a new scarf pattern out called Brimfield. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

The scarf is knit with 4 minikins. These are fingering weight mini balls of Tina's fabulous hand dyed, self-striping yarn. A mini version of her Shawl Ball.

We don't have the yarn yet but should have some by the end of June. Tina will be debuting the yarn at TNNA. This is a trade show for yarn shop owners to see what is new for the upcoming season. I will be traveling to Cleveland later in June for the show. I'm hoping that Tina will bring yarn to the show and I can bring it home with me.
I borrowed a few pictures of minikins from Tina's Instagram page.
Think of the fun that you can have with these.


While on Instagram I saw a post from Ambah O'Brien.

Here is a link to finished shawls and works in progress on Instagram.

Sign up for Ambah's newsletter so that you hear first thing about pattern releases.

We've got you covered when it comes to mini skein kits.

I was in the store very early today. 8am is early. I'm paying the price now - it's bed time. Okay, maybe one or two rows first and then bed.

2 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Beautiful! I read your blog and drool over the beautiful yarns and designs. :) Love that shawl!

Unknown said...

Hi,love that scarf pattern, thanks for showing us.i like cause can be used as a scarf or wrap!