Friday, June 07, 2019

Jane loves colour

Jane came in the other day with a big bag of fingering weight yarn. She wanted to find a few colours to mix with her balls to make a scarf or shawl. I suggested a throw or afghan. There are so many amazing mitred throws on Ravelry. There is one drawback with a mitred square afghan - you are joining the squares as you go so it keeps getting bigger and bigger. By the end you can't carry it around. Jane and her husband have a motor home and love to travel throughout the summer. I suggested making smaller squares and then join them. This is easier to carry around. It is also easier to work on while sitting outside.
Jane just sent this picture. She is going to make each square 5 x 5 - this square is almost finished. The squares will be joined at the end like we join the Log Cabin Afghan.

Jane is using 3mm needles and her squares are 30 stitches.

I knew that Jane would like this project. The more colours the better. Jane loves knitting Kaffe Fassett patterns.
Jane knit me this Kaffe Fassett bedspread. It hung on the wall in my townhouse. We had 20' ceilings in the great room and it was perfect. Right now it is safely put away until I find the perfect place to hang it.

I really want to but can not go through my ends and start a mitred afghan. Goodness knows that I have bags of fingering ends. I must finish Slow Curves. I am about to join in the fourth colour. I will try and stretch it out over a few needles tomorrow for pictures.

No comments: