Monday, June 24, 2019

Home Again

I got home yesterday afternoon much later than I thought I would. It was a slow drive with lots of traffic. There was a delay at the border and then in St. Catharines once you crossed the Garden City Skyway. I was too tired to write when I got home.
I went to the store for a few minutes this afternoon and a box was sitting at the door. More Shawl Cuffs. 14 have been added to the website and the rest will be added tomorrow.

I wore three different Shawl Cuffs over the weekend. Everywhere I went yarn shop owners, yarn distributors and designers stopped me to ask about them.

More from TNNA
I ordered more colours of Lore from The Fibre Company. We should see them at the beginning of August. Why are we waiting? There are new colours of Arranmore Light (also from The Fibre Company) coming for fall and they aren't available until August. Everything will ship together.

The shawl is called Meet Me at Midnight (purchased on Ravelry) and uses three skeins of Lore - one skein each of three colours.
Like the perfectly aligned hands of a clock at midnight, the exquisite center spine stitches of Meet Me at Midnight are designed to beautifully meet in the middle. (Be sure to check out those edge stitches too, which are are equally divine!) These features, combined with fun and surprisingly simple to knit bands of mosaic and texture will make this knitting project one you’ll not want to put down. 
Meet Me at Midnight is an elongated triangular shawl, knit flat, from the top down. Its gorgeous mosaic pattern is surprisingly simple to knit, using just one color per row to create stunning results. 
The pattern is easily followed, including charts only for the mosaic sections. Not familiar with reading charts? I encourage you to give it a try! Mosaic charts are super simple to follow and the accompanying pattern notes will easily navigate you through to becoming a Chart Reader!
Here are the five new colours of Arranmore Light.

Laura Bryant (the owner of Prism Yarns) looks so summery wearing coral. 



There is colour overload in the Prism booth. Everything is so beautiful. Laura and I had a long discussion about Camp and the garments that are coming are amazing!
Mrs. Crosby has a new logo and brand new colours.
This is Navelli from Boyland Knitworks knit in Satchel. Satchel is a single ply yarn with a tight twist. It is perfect for garments. The denim is a new colour and we have it on order. When it arrives I will be shipping yarn to Wannietta. I think this is a great project for her.








The Mini Kins from Freia look awesome in real life. Unfortunately Tina was crazy busy before the show and couldn't bring kits for me. We should see them in a few weeks.

Frabjous Fibers Blossoms. There will be new colours for fall.
The striped shawl is called Which Way. It was originally written for sports weight but will be coming out and it takes two blossoms - one each of two different colours.

I think that is all my TNNA pictures. There are still more yarns to talk about but I'm saving that for tomorrow.

Lucy had a sleepover last night. Dad was in Ajax before 6 this morning to pour the concrete floor of an arena. She slept most of the night with me - it was nice to have a dog in bed again. I've been Lucy sitting this afternoon because Beth had an appointment. She has been an angel. Lucy not Beth. While sitting here I have been writing a newsletter. It should go out tomorrow.

Now I need to chop vegetables. It's pizza night.

No comments: