Monday, June 10, 2019

Camp Nightmare

I made it to the fourth colour. I thought that it might be finished in time to take to TNNA next week but I need to finish the fading rows and then there are rows of colour four on its own. It's not going to happen.

There is one small problem. Joji used one skein (100grams) of each colour. That is all well and good but not all 100gram skeins are created equal. I should have been paying attention to the yardages. Joji's 100gram skein had 425m and my skein had 366m. I ended up needing an extra skein of the third colour. It was a potluck and luckily I had two skeins in my stash.

Tip for yarn shopping

Please look at the yardage required and not the number of balls.
A 50gram ball of Sirdar Snuggly DK has 164m.
A 50gram ball of Rowan Softyak has 135m.
A 50gram ball of Filatura di Crosa Zara has 125m.

These are all 50gram balls of double knitting weight yarn. If your pattern asks for 6 balls of Snuggly DK you need 7 balls of Zara.

This morning I had a visit with Trish. There is no better way to start the day than at the hair salon. Especially after a bad nights sleep. I had a nightmare that is becoming a recurring nightmare. We get to Knitting Camp and I don't have anything with me. No class notes. No name badges. I haven't booked anyone's room. No garments. No goodie bags. No door prizes. Nothing!! I am totally unprepared. It is a nightmare because I am very anal about Camp. Everything is in order weeks in advance. Lists are made and checked off. The nightmare had me so upset that I almost made the name badges today.
Do you have a little one to knit for? Check out these awesome Rowan patterns. You can purchase the individual patterns on Ravelry. 


It's almost time for basketball. There is no way I am going to make it to the end. I don't think I'm going to make it to halftime. That darn nightmare.

No comments: