Monday, May 06, 2019

Meet Guthrie

I thought about writing yesterday. Thought about it but couldn't bring myself to sit in front of my computer. I was way too busy. Out and about in the car - Dairy Queen called and I had to go visit. I was working on a new project too.
Guthrie is a round yoked sweater knit seamlessly from the top down with an all-over colorwork design and 3/4 length sleeves. The bottom and sleeve hems feature a simple cable ribbing pattern. Instructions are given for cropped or full body length versions, and the sleeves can also be knitted to a longer length if desired. 
This design is named for iconic folk singer/songwriter Woody Guthrie, one of my favorite artists. The rustic nature of the yarn and the mix of patterns in this design remind me of American folk art and inspired me to name this sweater for the king of American folk music.
I'm using Primrose Vintage DK (cedar) for the main colour and Hedgehog Merino DK (concrete) for the contrast. Both colours will be back in stock sometime in June. I became a bit obsessed yesterday. I love Fair Isle.

We like the juxtaposition of a modern, boxy shape and feminine lace motifs knit on a slightly grand scale. With shaped shoulders, a gently dipping neckline, and options for two different lengths, this lacy top is so easy to pop on, and feels both comfy and really pretty.
This is the Boxy Lace Tee from Churchmouse Yarns (pattern purchased on Ravelry).
The Boxy Lace Tee was designed at a DK-weight gauge. Choose something soft and fuzzy, like Rowan Alpaca Classic, for a lightweight, airy top. 




I have been emailing with Tiffany from Twill & Print. More pins are coming very soon.
 Here are a few - there are a lot more.
There is hockey and baseball on and Guthrie is calling my name.


No comments: