Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Fading

This is the Pretty Prefect Square from Churchmouse Yarns. Another new pattern in the collection for Spring. Our box of patterns has reached BC and we could see them by the end of the week. I am not sure why they go from Bainbridge Island Washington (just outside of Seattle) to San Francisco and then back to Canada. A bit out of the way.
This simple, lightweight knit square mimics the shape and scale of a classic silk scarf. I-cord edgings and bind-off details create the look of a hand-rolled hem. This pattern is more of a ‘recipe’, really, with details given for three variations and tips on how to create your own. 
We knit our Pretty Perfect Squares in of our favorite lace-weight, mohair-and-silk blends—Rowan Rowan Kidsilk Haze.




I'm writing early today because tonight I am speaking at The Around The Bay Knitting Guild. I am going to talk about Fading. There are a lot of garments packed - 2 suitcases full. Here are just a few.





I received a very happy email this morning - our yarn from Uschitita is on the way to us.

It should arrive next week while I am away. We will get it photographed and on the website the week of May 20.

I will be out of the store next Tuesday to Friday but Lynn will be here to look after you. Mail will be going out daily. It is very easy to process orders from the new website. Lynn (and Cathy) will tell you that I am in constant contact with the store. Maybe too much but I like to make sure that everything is going okay.

As I was writing I was talking to Natasia at Hedgehog Fibres. The new colours are on the way. They could arrive sometime next week as well.

I need to get changed and on my way. I don't want to keep the knitters waiting.

No comments: