Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Sewing in Ends

A whole new craziness is underway in the store. Unpacking boxes and repacking for the Frolic.
Ms. UPS brought us a box from Namaste yesterday afternoon and we have new Oh Snap pouches. You won't lose these. 
Features: mesh bag allows you to easily see your project, which is especially useful if you have multiple projects snap opening provides a snag-free environment and the lightweight construction lends itself to keeping in your handbag (so you can find Knitting Nirvana wherever you are). 
Note: not just amazing knitting bags, these also make incredible travel, cosmetic, spare change, and beach bags. 
S: 4"H x 6"W x 1.5"D
M: 6.5"H x 9"W x 2"D
L: 8"H x 10"W x 2"D 

S: fits notions 
M: fits up to two 100g sock hanks 
L: fits up to three 100g sock hank 
XL: 10.5"H x 14"W x 2"D
XXL: 13.5"H x 16.5"W x 2"D 

XL: fits up to five 100g sock hanks 
XXL: fits up to twelve 100g sock hanks

We had a small assembly line going to make kits for The Nightshift.
We made kits for the colours that Andrea Mowry used and then we made a few kits with other colours. I looked on Ravelry for projects that I liked. 

I'm heading to Myrtle Beach for a few days in May. I think one of these kits will be coming with me.

I just cast off the second band on my Throwback. Now it's time to sew in the ends.😢

I did a few during the end of the Leaf game. It wasn't a good game. The Vegas game is on now so I only have a few minutes to write.

I am supposed to reblock the Throwback but it won't be dry in time. It's lying out with a wet towel on the front bands. I'm going to take it off soon and let it dry. I should be able to sew the sleeve seams tomorrow evening.

I bought a new cash register for the Frolic. The old cash register has been going to shows for 15 years. It has been dropped more than once. Many more times than that. It was beat up and tired. I had to program it every show. If someone unplugged it by mistake we lost all the data. I would have to take readings every hour to make sure we didn't lose any information. Not any more. There is battery back up. And it looks a lot more professional - our receipts have our store name and phone number.

This time I'm keep the box - my dad can be a bit of a bull in a china shop.

The first period is finished and it's time for bed. We have a long week ahead of us.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Great snap bags and I love the yarn colors. :)

All the best for a great show!