Thursday, April 25, 2019

Hipster

We are going to have a mini LYS Day on Saturday for those who can't make it to the Frolic and didn't make it in last Saturday.


This is the Casapinka Design for LYS Day. If you visit the store on Saturday and purchase yarn to make the shawl then Cathy will give you a download code (we have 16 left after last Saturday). You must download on Saturday or Sunday. After that it will be a paid pattern.

“Magical Thinking” is a pullover shawl - NOT A PONCHO! This is an important point as I have a 15 year old daughter and cannot cause her social annihilation by designing a poncho, so please follow this rule of nomenclature - and make my life easier. It is the size of “All Points South.”It fits everyone and ruches up more for those who are bustier.
Finally, consider wearing it with the point off to the side rather than towards the “Lady Bits” - it just makes my heart sing when people style it to the side!
Materials 
3 skeins of fingering weight yarn, 400 yards each (for both sizes).
Yarn suggestions
  1. 3 tonals or 3 solids
  2. 2 speckles and one of the above
  3. 1 variegated and a mixture of 2 and 3. More than one variegated is contraindicated in the knitting of this pattern.
We have some skeins left of Frabjous Fibers LYS Day colour as well as the special colours that Mrs. Crosby dyed for LYS Day.
There are green signs around the store marked LYS Day with special prices.

So I thought I finished my blog post last night but see this morning that I forgot to hit Publish. (I back dated it so it looks like I did it late last night) There was a bit of crazy last night. Our cousin Tim arrived at our house in Myrtle Beach and I messed up his alarm code. You enter the code on the front door lock and it opens the house and turns off the alarm. His code didn't work so he used a key. We didn't know the key would still work. Yikes. The alarm went off. And it is loud. I am sure everyone heard it and came outside to see what was happening. We got it turned off and then the alarm company called to see if they needed to send the police. YIKES. What a start to their vacation. A pregnant wife, two young kids, 10pm and the alarm going off.

I was upset (for them and for forgetting - I don't usually forget things) and couldn't get to sleep. I laid in bed and watched the end of the hockey game. Double overtime. Wow. What a game.

I received this text from Tim today.
I guess they're having fun.

Diana rushed to knit us a Hipster for the Frolic. The shawl will be back in the store on Tuesday. It is awesome. The Vintage DK from Primrose is so beautiful when knit up.
We left Cathy a few skeins of each colour of Vintage DK.
I came home from work early and had a nap. Sort of. We're watching The Amazing Race and then I'm heading back to bed.

No comments: