Thursday, March 14, 2019

My little buddy

It's finished and blocked. My fourth Nightshift. I highly recommend Dream State for the shawl. I can pretty much guarantee that I will be taking a few skeins from next week's order for another one.



Alexis has two new patterns - the Dark Arts Cowl and the Dark Arts Hat.

Don't miss out.

NEW PATTERN PROMO: Help me share the magic of knitting!
Simply FAVOURITE The Dark Arts Hat & The Dark Arts Cowl then download BOTH PATTERNS FREE! 
Promo Expires: Friday, March 15th at 12pm Eastern Standard Time

Alexis used a skein of Hedgehog Kidsilk Lace with a skein of Long Dog Singles for the cowl. Long Dog is in the store but not on the website yet. Any single ply, fingering weight yarn will work - we have a large selection on the website.
Knitting isn’t just an art form, it’s practical magic! Take this cowl, for example. With just a few waves of my two pointy knitting wands, an unlikely pair of hand-dyed yarns were magically transformed into an eye-catching cowl! If you decide to conjure one up for yourself, beware the dark arts! 
These yarns have been known to cast a spell of enchantment, mesmerizing the knitter with their delightful colours and textures. Add a relaxing, rhythmic pattern and you may become unable—or unwilling—to put this project down! Consider yourself warned ;)

Interpretations Vol. 6 is another magical and heartfelt collaboration between Joji Locatelli and Veera Välimäki. Like each Volume before, the 6th Volume includes six themes, six words with two designs inspired by each word, showing a personal take on each of these themes.  
This year the photo shoot was set in charming Barcelona and we had the honor to have Jonna Hietala taking all the pictures for this book. 
The book will be in the store next week.

Yesterday morning Beth took Roko to see our vet because he had a really bad night. They did x-rays and he had a very large tumour. He came home with pain pills and we thought we had another week with him. He was in bad pain all evening and at 3am Beth took him to the emergency vet. And not any vet - a pathologist. He looked at Roko's x-rays and felt his stomach and said there was nothing he could give Roko to take away the pain. He's with mom and Melo now. They are running around together, playing with frisbees and balls.

13 comments:

Trina said...

So sorry Julie. Thinking of you.
Trina

Kim said...

I'm so sorry about Roko - he was a lovely boy.

Rosemary said...

So very sad. I'm sorry for you and Beth.

Anonymous said...

Julie, I read your blog regularly and enjoy the pictures you post. I'm so sorry for your loss. Wanda Morawski

Candice said...

Dogs give us some of the best days of our lives and one of the worst. So glad Beth could end Roko's suffering quickly.

arlene said...

I am sorry for your loss. May you find comfort in all of the happy memories of Roko.

Diane said...

I am so sorry to hear about Roko... He will be such a loss for you all and Lucy... Lucy will be home soon for puppy cuddles I am sure you will both desperately need. They leave such a big whole in our hearts, but may your happy memories help fill this whole.
Diane

Sarah said...

Hi Julie, I was going to comment (for the first time ever) on how lovely the Nightshift is (and my need to make one). But then read further down. So sorry to hear about your dog. You and Beth gave him a great life and he loved you in return.

Jean said...

So sorry, Julie! When our 4legged friends die it leaves such an empty space in our hearts and homes.

Kim Burton said...

You've loved him well. I am very sorry to read this. A friend told us- when we lost our girl- that she believes that our canine friends just run out of love. Peace be with you and your family. Lucy will comfort you.

Sally said...

Oh Julie,

I am so very sorry about Roko. I know how much you loved him. When you get your next dog there be a little bit of Roko there.
I'm giving my Ruckus a long hug session for you and Beth.


Sally Herchel

Christine said...

That is very sad news. Sorry to hear that.

theresa said...

So sorry, Julie.