Monday, March 18, 2019

Hipster

I made it to the cast off. I think I am going to leave off the fringes and add tassels to the two ends. I think. I'm going to decide after someone blocks my shawl. (Hi Alex!)

I love this pattern. I need to finish The Throwback for the Knitters Frolic and then I will start another one.

Pattern: Hipster
Yarn: 3 skeins of Hedgehog Merino DK

The crossovers look hard but they aren't. Before trying them on your shawl I suggest casting on 20 stitches with scrap yarn. Try them and if you're having a hard time come in (with your shawl on that row) and we can show you how to do it.
We're starting to put away our winter garments and bring out bright and cheery. This is Chimera knit with a skein of Frabjous Fibers Cheshire Cat (coming tomorrow to the website) and a Cheshire Cat Mini Skein kit. 
This three-quarter square shawl is worked from the centre out, beginning with a garter tab. Two garter tab options are included in the pattern: Turkish cast-on (my favourite) and the standard. One skein of main colour is worked in one stitch pattern, followed by five gradient mini-skeins worked in a second stitch pattern. Hard blocking is recommended as it opens up the lace and makes this pattern shine.
Spring is coming. There are buds in the garden.

Enamel pins and stitch markers should be arriving this week.


We should see the first box from GarnStories tomorrow. The second box is still in Germany. I can't wait to see the colours that Anke dyed for us.

If I'm going to make it to the store tomorrow I need to say goodnight and get some sleep.

No comments: