Thursday, March 07, 2019

Hey Jimmy - great looking backpack

I borrowed this picture from the jimmybeanswool instagram feed.
We don't have that colour backpack. I wonder if there is something new coming soon?

Ambah has a new shawl pattern - it screams Spring to me. Meet Aziz (pattern purchased on Ravelry)
Aziz full of fizz! Embark on a playful experiment with colour and create a beautiful shawl with a fizz of something fun. The asymmetrical triangle shape is always fun to knit and so easy to wear. Stripes form the background to the fizzing bobbles that play through the shawl. Stripes are kept to a subtle contrast in the sample, allowing the contrasting bobbles to shine. Make this your invitation to play; your stripes could be worked with a gradient, a bold contrast or neutral tones, then have fun choosing a colour to make your Aziz fizz and pop! 
The bobbles are worked with simple German short rows making this a fun project to master these if this is a new to you technique. 



I will put some combinations together tomorrow.

Today was spent photographing yarn for the website. We had a learning experience. We took every colour of LITLG Singles to the front room for pictures. We didn't realize that the labels were all you would see on the website. When you click on the small picture you can see the beautiful colours - we are going to rephotograph them all next week.

I can see Rosegold, Ripple and Ocean Flight as a great combination for Aziz.

My suitcase is out and I'm packing. Actually, there isn't a lot to pack. I have clothes, toiletries and golf shoes there. I need pants to golf and a golf jacket. Knitting. iPad. That's it. I'm set to go. Now I need to talk Beth into winding my ball of yarn for me.😉

No comments: